Gus Wilson Scoter (Wood)
- Gus Wilson, South Portland, Maine, circa 1905. Preening Scoter. Inlet head, raised carved wings. Rig of Leigh Floyd Witherspoon, 1882, North Haven Island, Maine. "L.F.W." and roman numeral "VIII" carved in the underside. :Old paint covering a lighter brown primer coat; neck separated, exposed filler; white wing patches strengthened; paint worn on left side; coat of black paint has been removed from unside
Winsor White Miniature Shorebirds (Wood)
- Duxbury, MA 1901-1975. Winsor White was a Duxbury decoy collector and carver. Extremely well carved for minis this small. A split tail Greater Yellow Legs miniature initialed W.W and dated 1920 on bottom, along with a miniature Knot with same initials and dated 1915- along with three others, all signed on bottom W.W. and dated either 11915 or 1920. Condition very good and original. Provenance: From Duxbury home. Height both 1.25", length yellowlegs 1.75", Knot 2"
George Boyd Miniature Godwit (Wood)
- George H. Boyd, Seabrook, NH, 1873-1941, Rare Miniature Godwit on cedar base. Condition Excellent. Bartlett Collection
David B. Ward
- American, Connecticut, 1947- Present. Life size hollow immature Great Blue Heron carving in feeding posture. Bottom stamped "DBW". Condition excellent- all original. 32 ½" from tip of bill to tip of tail.
David B. Ward Heron
- American, Connecticut, 1947- Present. Life size hollow carved Great Blue Heron. Bottom stamped "DBW". Condition excellent- all original. 32.75" bill tip to tail tip.
Miniature Crane (Wood)
- New England C. First half Twentieth Century. Rare miniature Sandhill Crane. Bill rub at tip. Paint loss to edge of front wing, in section of back wing, and underside by leg. Mounted on red cedar base. Contact gallery for more pictures.
Charles Lawrence Jr. Miniature Rainbow Trout (Wood)
- North Woodstock, New Hampshire. Miniature Carved and Painted Rainbow Trout, Early 20th Century By Charles Lawrence, Jr., Very good condition. Length 3". Mounted on pine plaque, length 4¾". Ink stamp on reverse." Contact gallery for more pictures.
Russ Burr Miniature Owl
- Miniature Great Horned Owl by Russ Burr of Hingham, MA. Stamped on bottom of Driftwood, wall-mount base, "Russ P. Burr"
Great Horned Owl Decoy, Mike Borrett (wood)
- Mike Borrett, Madison WI, Exceptional life-size great horned owl with glass eyes and mechanical wings. rockery- style base with wood burned signature "Borrett" on bottom. Excellent condition. Price includes shipping to US locations. 25.5" tall.
Russ Allen Owl (Wood)
- American Contemporary, Wall hanger Owl carved from old decoy. Flat bottom with r.a. branded on back. Nicely painted with leather ears, hawk-like bone beak. Condition excellent. Height 14" Width 5.25.
Wick Aherns, Sperm Whale Plaque (Wood)
- Wick Aherns, Weston Vermont. Bass Wood Sperm Whale Plaque. Signed front lower right. Hand painted- antiqued finish. Aherns studied at the Vesper George School of Art and the San Francisco . Art Institute. He was mentored by his Vermont neighbor, whale carver Clark Voorhees. Aherns' whale sculptures are found in several whaling and maritime museums, and in corporate and private collections from coast to coast.
Clark Voorhees Whale(wood)
- American 1911-1980 (Connecticut and Vermont) . Carved, Painted Wooden Sperm Whale Plaque, Signed on back with conjoined initials "CV" and "C. VOORHEES", Height 5" Length.18 in.
We specialize in 20th and 21st century American fine art and folk art, having a particular interest in American impressionism, wildlife bronzes, decorative
songbirds, and shore bird decoys
. Gallery owner Sally Caverly has over 25 years of experience collecting art. This field experience combines with her B.A degree in marketing, a master's degree in education and work experience as Market Research Division Director of a major publishing house.
At Hawkfield Gallery
we believe that buying and selling art should be a straightforward, approachable, and rewarding experience. We assist our clients in all phases of the buying and selling process. Hawkfield Gallery is attuned to the different stages of collecting, as reflected in the price ranges offered in our gallery.